۱۳۹۱ آذر ۳, جمعه

Tabriz, My bloved city

Hello everybody! My name is Yasaman Farzan. I am a physicist. To see my professional profile you may visit this homepage and to see my papers you may visit here. I am living in Tehran. My first name (Yasaman) is the name of a fragrant flower. This is the same flower that in Europe is known as Jasmine and in Turkey, Pakistan and in many other parts of the world is known as Yasamin. In my country (I suppose like most other places in the world), it is very common to name girls after flowers. I am 36 years old. I married to my husband, Mohammad Mehdi Sheikh-Jabbari when I was just 20 years old. He is also a physicist. Although his official name is Mohammad Mehdi, since his early childhood he is called Shahin. In this blog, when I say Shahin, I refer to my husband. I am from Tabriz which is a city located in Northwest of Iran. You may locate Tabriz in the map below. In this blog, I will write about my beloved homeland. I will write about the sites and places in Iran that sound interesting to me but are not known to the world as they should. In fact there are plenty of such sites around my hometown, Tabriz. I will also write about the living culture of people: traditions as well as modern trends that are taking shape. Being a woman, most of the cultural discussions will be from a feminine perspective. I am not a sociologist and what I am writing is based on my limited observations. You may find that sometimes it is not completely unbiased. I will try to be fair and avoid prejudice but no matter how hard I try, at last there will be biases based on my own background. The content of this blog should be considered only as a friendly chat rather than a professional scientific writing. In this blog, I will avoid controversial issues such as political or religious debates. I hope that through a friendly chat on simple matters like food or interesting places to visit, we can get to know each other better. Tabriz is a very old city. During several periods of history it has prospered and has become a major hub of commerce, industry, politiccs, arts, science and culture. Unfortunately, Tabriz many times during the history has been reduced to ruins by severe earthquakes. However, each time, like Phoenix, it has risen from its ashes. Currently, Tabriz has a population of 1.8 million people. Majority (including me) are of Azari ethnicity and speak a dialect of Turkish. There is a minority of Armenians in Tabriz who are christians. Tabriz is famous in the world for its most beautiful and fine carpets. See for example this site, for more information. I had pulished this post in my new English blog with title "Tabriz, my bloved city."

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: